Pest Control Marketing Company with 100% ROI
Back in the day, pest control in Colfax was a somewhat closed market. You had to know someone who had tried a particular company’s services and was satisfied with the results. And though word-of-mouth marketing is sufficient in maintaining a nice customer flow, it has its limits. One day things changed, and it is now simply not enough to just do a good job and have happy clients. Why did this happen?
Today people have practically unlimited access to the Internet. It allows users to find any pest control company in Colfax they want, read the reviews, and compare the prices and services. This is why a marketing plan for pest control companies has become a must-have. Finding new customers, rewarding your loyal clients, and raising brand awareness is the new reality for pest control online marketing. The Lasting Trend digital marketing agency specializes in these areas.
Best Offer Ever: Who Is Your Client and How Your Service Can Help Him
There are a lot of pest control marketing ideas in Colfax. However, one can say that the basic idea is to know your clientele. Actually, it applies to literally any kind of business marketing, not only pest control. If you are selling a product or your services, it is vital to have answers to the following questions:
- Who your customer is?
- How old is your customer?
- Which gender is most prominent among customers?
- What do they want from you?
- How will a customer know he needs pest control?
- What price is he ready to pay?
- Where is he located?
- Why should he choose you over your competitors?
- What does he know about pest control, and what should he know?
Each and every question from this list should have an answer. When developing your pest control marketing strategy, base it on your client’s image, interests, location, and needs. Let’s say, you have conducted marketing research about your clientele. The results show, that 85% of your customers are wealthy men in their 30s with a wife and kids, who live within a 30 miles from you.
In this case, your marketing strategy should address them. For example, your pest control ad should say, that your methods of dealing with bugs are fast and there are no consequences which may hurt your kid’s health. Your target audience will see this ad, apply it to their situation, and decide that you are the safest bet (especially, if your price is just right) and will choose you over your competitors.
Effective Internet Marketing For Pest Control Businesses
Pest control marketing is not brain surgery. If you will simply follow certain PROVEN marketing strategies and principles, you can be assured of streams of new customers who keep showing up at your door ready to do business with you.
One of the best ways to grow your pest control business is to get people to refer you to others... especially your current customers. What they say about you is a thousand times more powerful than what you say about yourself. People love to talk and you certainly want them to talk about YOU and YOUR BUSINESS. And you want them to say good things.
Just remember this: Satisfied customers don't refer people. Amazed customers DO. Shocked & Awed customers DO. Wow'd customers DO.
If you will follow these 3 suggestions it will cause your customers to talk about you in a good way to their friends, neighbors and associates.
1. Always give your customers more than what they pay you for - This is an important key to success no matter what business you are in. Never nickel and dime your customers. Find things to do for them for FREE... that you could charge for if you wanted to. This will cause them to feel appreciated and obligated. It's called "The Law Of Reciprocity". When you do something extraordinary and/or unexpected for someone, it makes them want to repay you. In this case, they would do that by referring you to others.
2. Reward your customers for referrals - Offering referral incentives to your customers will definitely up the numbers of times they tell people about you. Cash, gift cards, gasoline cards, restaurant cards, movie tickets, all are good incentives. Never use a discount of your service as an incentive. It's been proven that people tend to distrust that offering to a certain degree. They will respond quicker to a reward that is unrelated to your product or service.
3. Ask for referrals - This is difficult for some people. They feel it makes them look desperate if they come right out and ask someone for a referral. But it's not desperate unless YOU are desperate. Simply explain that your business is a referral driven business and you want to be able to provide your services to their friends, neighbors and associates. Don't be pushy. Just keep reminding them. Sooner or later they will get in the habit of telling others about you. You just have to train them to do it.
Bottom line: Referrals are the cornerstone of pest control marketing. Learning the techniques of referral generation and applying them will assure that you always have a ringing phone and new accounts to service.
Why You Need to Market Your Pest Control Business Online
All business face the need to generate more customers. If you are not getting enough business, obviously, your business isn't going to flourish the way that you want it to.
That leads the small business owner to the advertising world. And the advertising options can be overwhelming. You are faced with a plethora of choices. WIll you choose the phone book or a mailing campaign? What about benches and billboards? What about the Internet?
Is 'getting your name out there' the most important thing?
Let's start with what effective advertising REALLY is and what it is NOT.
For starter, I really hate the phrase 'getting your name out there.' Out WHERE? Outer space? What good does that do?
The only people that you really want to know your name, or really, the name of your company, are those that need your services, the ones that are planning on hiring you or someone like you, within a very short time frame.
When you can place yourself (or your phone number!) right under a buying customers fingertips, THAT is effective advertising.
What is the most cost effective way to accomplish that?
Well, back in the day, that was the phone book. Every home had one, and when your customers needed you, all they had to do was look you up and BAM you were under their fingertips.
Mass mailing campaigns don't accomplish this very effectively. You spend money in the printing and in the mailing, and in reality, how many of those people work up that morning thinking 'Gee, I sure hope a pest control company sends me a flyer today, I sure need one!'
In fact, I'm sure yours received similar mailings and do you remember how fast it hit the trash? Don't waste your money on this type of advertising. The same goes for bus benches and billboards. I mean, who goes out driving looking for a bench when the need an exterminator?
Ok, back to the yellow pages, this is a good option, however, keep in mind that times and people are changing.
The new yellow pages is the Google and yahoo search engines. More and more often, your clients are turning to the Internet when they want a local company. I suggest you try it yourself. Do a search for your town name and pest control and see what your clients see. Probably not you!
If your web site is not on the first page, it isn't doing its job for you. You don't need a web site that no one can find. Remember, you want to be under their searching fingers.
Really, Internet advertising is the best modern day option. It puts you right where your clients are looking.
Briefly, let me point out that I am NOT talking about PAYING money to put you on the first page with advertising like pay per click. You can quickly loose your shirt with this kind of advertising and it won't get you the business you need.
I am talking about having a web page that naturally gets to the first page, and you'll need to hire a professional for that. However, don't hire just any old web designer. You need a specialized web site that the search engines naturally love and place quickly on the first page.
Effective Internet Marketing For Pest Control Businesses
1. Make sure people can easily read the signage on the side of your vehicle - Does your vehicle attract attention?Are the words easy to read (or are the obscured by wild and fancy graphics)? Are the letters big enough and bold enough to read from far away? Is you phone number big and easy to read? It does you no good at all to put a message on the side of your vehicle if it can't be read... or if it is hard to read. Your vehicle is a rolling billboard. Make sure the people who see it rolling by can read what it says very quickly and easily... and from far away!
2. Make a bold promise or statement of benefit - What does the message on the side of your vehicle say? ( Sorry to have to tell you this, but no one really cares what the name of your company is. They only care about what you can do for them). Are you making someone a promise of what you can do for them? Are you offering a big, bold guarantee? Do you explain it clearly? If you just put the name of your company on the side of your vehicle and your telephone number, you are missing out on a great opportunity to get new customers. If people see your vehicle, it is critical that your vehicle speak to them. Tell them what you want them to know. And be specific.
Give a Call To Action.
Give them a direction to follow. If you think they will figure it out on their own, you are making a serious mistake that will cost you new customers.
3. Put your vehicle if front of as many people as you can - Choose high-visibility parking spaces. Eat at restaurants during peak periods and park your vehicle as near the front door as possible (arrive early to get the best parking spot). When servicing a home or business, leave your vehicle near or in the street so other people driving by can see it, especially important in neighborhoods. This gives a sense of security to other neighbors. Attend grand openings. Park near entrances to shopping malls and shopping centers. Drive your vehicle to local sporting events, schools, churches and anywhere else you are going where there will be lots of people.
Partner with Our Pest Control Marketing Agency in Colfax Today
Contact us today for a free consultation. Tell us about your situation and we’ll provide you with candid recommendations for online marketing services.
Pest Control PPC Marketing Financing Colfax