Pest Control Marketing Company with 100% ROI
Back in the day, pest control in North Carolina was a somewhat closed market. You had to know someone who had tried a particular company’s services and was satisfied with the results. And though word-of-mouth marketing is sufficient in maintaining a nice customer flow, it has its limits. One day things changed, and it is now simply not enough to just do a good job and have happy clients. Why did this happen?
Today people have practically unlimited access to the Internet. It allows users to find any pest control company in North Carolina they want, read the reviews, and compare the prices and services. This is why a marketing plan for pest control companies has become a must-have. Finding new customers, rewarding your loyal clients, and raising brand awareness is the new reality for pest control online marketing. The Lasting Trend digital marketing agency specializes in these areas.
Best Offer Ever: Who Is Your Client and How Your Service Can Help Him
There are a lot of pest control marketing ideas in North Carolina. However, one can say that the basic idea is to know your clientele. Actually, it applies to literally any kind of business marketing, not only pest control. If you are selling a product or your services, it is vital to have answers to the following questions:
- Who your customer is?
- How old is your customer?
- Which gender is most prominent among customers?
- What do they want from you?
- How will a customer know he needs pest control?
- What price is he ready to pay?
- Where is he located?
- Why should he choose you over your competitors?
- What does he know about pest control, and what should he know?
Each and every question from this list should have an answer. When developing your pest control marketing strategy, base it on your client’s image, interests, location, and needs. Let’s say, you have conducted marketing research about your clientele. The results show, that 85% of your customers are wealthy men in their 30s with a wife and kids, who live within a 30 miles from you.
In this case, your marketing strategy should address them. For example, your pest control ad should say, that your methods of dealing with bugs are fast and there are no consequences which may hurt your kid’s health. Your target audience will see this ad, apply it to their situation, and decide that you are the safest bet (especially, if your price is just right) and will choose you over your competitors.
Pest Control Marketing - How To get more Business
Advertising is a necessary expense in any type of business. There are so many options that it can be hard to decide where your advertising money will be put to the best use.
Is Internet advertising worth the money?
Well the answer is yes and no. First, let's consider what it really means to advertise on the Internet.
Many advertising companies will try to sell you on pay per click advertising. With this kind of advertising, you select you target key words, such as "local pest control" and whenever a potential customer types in this word your ad can appear on the top or side of the page. You only pay when a person actually clicks on your ad and goes to your site.
The problem with pay per click advertising is that it can get REALLY expense very quickly, and there is no guarantee that a person that goes to your web site will ever become a customer. There is also no way of following up on these people, which leaves you out the advertising money and possible out the customer also. This is probably the worst option for a small independent pest control company looking to grow their business.
Banner ads and AdWords types of advertising fall into the above category also, they are just too passive to count on for results.
Well, where does that leave you as far as Internet advertising?
Let's talk about how you can get free traffic to your site. By this I mean getting your website to show on the first page of a search engine when a potential customer types in a search, such as "local roach exterminator." Research shows that searchers prefer clicking on the natural results before the paid ads anyway! The awesome thing about having your web page on the first page, is that if a customer doesn't call you, it doesn't cost you anything.
So how do you get your web site on the first page?
It's not that hard to do...when you study the Internet for a living. There are so many things that the search engines are looking for, and many of these things need to be set up from the birth of your web page. In other words, if you already have a web site and you've had it for over 2 months and its not on the first page, chances are it never will be.
It's much cheaper to just have a new site set up in the way that the search engines love, so that they will put you on the first page. How fast can your web site get on the first page? The good news is that it can happen in as little as 3-6 weeks! More good news is that it isn't as expensive as you might think. For less than the cost of the yellow pages, you can have your website getting you customers very quickly.
Pest Control Marketing
Pest control marketing is not brain surgery. If you will simply follow certain PROVEN marketing strategies and principles, you can be assured of streams of new customers who keep showing up at your door ready to do business with you.
One of the best ways to grow your pest control business is to get people to refer you to others... especially your current customers. What they say about you is a thousand times more powerful than what you say about yourself. People love to talk and you certainly want them to talk about YOU and YOUR BUSINESS. And you want them to say good things.
Just remember this: Satisfied customers don't refer people. Amazed customers DO. Shocked & Awed customers DO. Wow'd customers DO.
If you will follow these 3 suggestions it will cause your customers to talk about you in a good way to their friends, neighbors and associates.
1. Always give your customers more than what they pay you for - This is an important key to success no matter what business you are in. Never nickel and dime your customers. Find things to do for them for FREE... that you could charge for if you wanted to. This will cause them to feel appreciated and obligated. It's called "The Law Of Reciprocity". When you do something extraordinary and/or unexpected for someone, it makes them want to repay you. In this case, they would do that by referring you to others.
2. Reward your customers for referrals - Offering referral incentives to your customers will definitely up the numbers of times they tell people about you. Cash, gift cards, gasoline cards, restaurant cards, movie tickets, all are good incentives. Never use a discount of your service as an incentive. It's been proven that people tend to distrust that offering to a certain degree. They will respond quicker to a reward that is unrelated to your product or service.
3. Ask for referrals - This is difficult for some people. They feel it makes them look desperate if they come right out and ask someone for a referral. But it's not desperate unless YOU are desperate. Simply explain that your business is a referral driven business and you want to be able to provide your services to their friends, neighbors and associates. Don't be pushy. Just keep reminding them. Sooner or later they will get in the habit of telling others about you. You just have to train them to do it.
Bottom line: Referrals are the cornerstone of pest control marketing. Learning the techniques of referral generation and applying them will assure that you always have a ringing phone and new accounts to service.
Pest Control Marketing Insight
The basic foundation of any successful marketing program is a clear understanding of the 3 M's and how they relate to each other. Make sure you take the time to educate yourself in these 3 areas. Just because you open up a business doesn't mean new customers will just show up. You have to have a plan to attract them... and keep them for a long time. The most important part of your pest control business is the marketing of it. If you don't do that effectively, you won't have any customers... and that is a FACT!
The 3 M's of Marketing:
1. Message - This is what you want to say to your potential clients and customers. It is the message you are sending to your chosen market. This is your deal. Your message needs to be powerful, dynamic and compelling. This is what you are saying to someone that is going to convince them that YOU are the one they should be doing business with.
2. Market -These are the people you want to deliver your message to. These should be the people most likely to purchase your product or service... in this case, termite and/or pest control. You need to study your market and make sure you are delivering your message to the right market. Example: You would not want to spend a lot of money to send out a direct mail campaign selling termite control to a zip code and find out later that it consisted mostly of apartment dwellers. Why? Because renters don't purchase termite control. That is almost always left up to the owner of the structure. Make sense. I hope so.
3. Media - This is the vehicle you choose to deliver your message to your chosen market. Examples include the internet, yellow pages, radio, TV, newspaper, magazine, hand-out flyers, public speaking, etc. Media can be very expensive, so it is very important that you have crafted the right message and have identified the best market to deliver it to.
It is critical that you understand the importance of each of the 3 M's and how each one relates to the other 2. They are like the 3 legs of a bar stool. If one leg is missing or broken, the stool will not support you and will ultimately cause you to fall.
Think of it as firing a gun. Ready, aim, fire. Each is equally important if you want to be able to consistently hit your target.
Partner with Our Pest Control Marketing Agency in North Carolina Today
Contact us today for a free consultation. Tell us about your situation and we’ll provide you with candid recommendations for online marketing services.
Pest Control Web Design Financing North Carolina